Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Doctor Strange into the Multiverse of Madness Review

 Before I begin I would like to let you know that there will be spoilers and if you haven't watched the movie then please be warned.





Dr.Strange
Pic: Marvel

Plot:

I have been a big fan of Doctor Strange and I believe that his story can be very fun with the possibilities that the MCU can go. In the Multiverse of Madness(m.o.m). Which takes place after the events of Spider-Man: No Way Home and Endgame. It begins with a dream that wakes up Dr. Strange. We then go along with the story not knowing what the point of the dream was. Until we see a girl from the dream outside of the dream indicating that the dream was not a dream. Immediately we get a bit confused as to what is going on. But as the story progresses we get some explanation. Although the story telling isn't my favorite out of the MCU so far it was executed well. We are introduced to other universes that explain how the whole MCU is connected. I know that this sounds like a lazy idea that opens the possibility to do whatever the writers want. It can still be used to build upon the previous films. By lazy I mean that they can introduce many characters into the films without the worry of killing them off. Which comes to my least favorite part of the entire movie. When they introduced the versions of Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) who was killed not soon after, in a brutal way may I add. The same with an alternate version of Captain America and Captain Marvel both which also died. Professor Charles Xavier was also shown but was no match for the Scarlett Witch. But the dumbest death in my opinion and the part that changed my mood for the whole film was the death of black bolt. It was very dumb and really made me mad. But if you look beyond that then the movie wasn't that bad. The ending leaves a lot of possibilities open for upcoming movies.

Dr.Strange
Pic: IMD


The possibilities:

Towards the end when Wanda collapses the building I believe that she does not die. The reason I believe she is not dead is because the other deaths in the movie are explicitly shown in all universes. While her death isn't explicitly shown. The camera zooms out and we are left to "trust" she dies. If you stayed long enough to see the part where Dr. Strange gets a third eye then you realize that he now possesses new powers that can be shown in future films. With the appearance of Clea you know that there will be a dynamic duo with Clea and Dr. Strange.

Wanda Maximoff
Pic: Disney

Final Thought:

I overall enjoyed the movie but unfortunately due to the deaths and the brief introductions it really through me off and I ended up disliking it. I just hope that in the future they don't do this unless they give a better story. It just felt like they did it just because they could easily dispose of that universe and introduce a new one if things don't turn out good for future films. Hence the lazy writing. 

Most Recent Post

Thor: Love and Thunder Review

Spoilers ahead please be aware of potential spoilers if you haven’t seen the movie yet. Pic: IGN Plot: In my opinion the plot to this movie ...

Most Popular